Ok, so I suck at maintaining this thing! Oh well...better late than never!
I am enjoying my first little bouts of summer so far! This weekend was fantastic! We spent the 3rd at a friend's house for a big BBQ and a little fireworks show, then the 4th was spent at our pool w/ good friends, followed by a cookout at our house. After our friends left with their little ones, we wandered across the street to watch the various firework displays going off all over the area. It was great to get to know some of our neighbors a bit better!
Today, DH and I did a double-feature of "The Hangover" and "Up"...both were fantastic!
"The Hangover" was one of the funnier movies I've seen recently, though it is completely and totally over the top! It took every possible bachelor party/Vegas cliche and put them in one hilarious movie. We laughed our asses off, and then went to run some errands and have dinner before going back to the theater to see "Up."
"Up" was not what I expected at all, and was tempted to leave after the first heart-wrenching 15 minutes. If you haven't seen it, stop reading...SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Basically it begins with a fantastic love story of a goofy boy and girl and leads to a montage scene of how they go from being kids to teens to adults. It shows them getting married and looking at the clouds and seeing shapes and animals, then the animals all turn into babies, and then you see them painting a nursery and getting ready for a baby...and then (in a dramatic turn) you see them getting bad news from the doctor, and her sobbing in his arms...
Needless to say, I completely lost it! I was beside myself in the silent sob that I have to do in public. It was awful. I just felt sucker-punched...
The rest of the movie was really cute, and it had a great message in the end...but I still had that lingering sad feeling throughout. Fortunately I have the most supportive husband ever, and he knew to simply grab my hand and squeeze to help me through it. While we are only on cycle #3, I still have this sinking feeling that this is going to be a terribly long journey for us, and he knows about my fears. After watching his brother and SIL try for two years...I just get that feeling.
Ok...I've rambled enough. Again, this is simply the best way for me to get all of this off my mind! If you are reading, thanks!!
<3 K
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment